DAS Specification Consultation
AMTA invites stakeholders and interested parties to consult on a DAS Specification.
AMTA intends to publish a DAS Specification on behalf of the mobile carriers that serves as general guidance to third parties interested in designing and installing Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) that will support the supply of enhanced in-building mobile coverage by all mobile carriers.
The mobile carriers have identified a need to produce a new specification for two primary reasons:
- A DAS needs to be capable of supporting 5G technology and 5G spectrum bands.
- A DAS does not need to support 3G technologies, as all mobile carriers have announced the withdrawal of 3G, with spectrum being repurposed for either 4G or 5G.
AMTA intends to facilitate two rounds of consultation on the draft DAS Specification allowing stakeholders to provide a response.
The consultation will allow interested stakeholders such as building and infrastructure owners, DAS constructors and vendors, and other stakeholders to provide feedback on the draft specification.
AMTA will collate and consider all feedback and provide an outcomes document that clarifies how this was considered. AMTA will also make submissions public on its website where the respondent has provided their consent.
At that time AMTA will then release a second draft DAS Specification informed by the stakeholders’ submissions.
On receipt of stakeholders’ second round of feedback, this will be considered and a final outcomes document will be produced along with the release of the final DAS Specification.
Depending on the extent of responses to the second draft DAS Specification, AMTA may conduct an online outcomes session with stakeholders.
AMTA remains open to engaging with all stakeholders on the issues related to the draft DAS Specification during the consultation process.
The timeline for the specification consultation plan is:
- Release the initial draft DAS Specification for consultation – 21 November 2023
- Receive first round of feedback from stakeholders – 22 December 2023
- Provide outcomes of consultation and 2nd draft DAS Specification – 22 March 2024
- Receive 2nd round of feedback from stakeholders – 22 April 2024
- Provide outcomes of 2nd consultation and update draft DAS Specification – 22 May 2024
- Publish final updated DAS Specification – 20 June 2024
How to respond
Please provide responses to the initial draft DAS Specification by close of business 22 December 2023. However, AMTA’s office will be closed from the evening of 22 December and will re-open on 8 January 2024, so AMTA will accept late responses up until 9am on 8 January 2024.
In providing a response to the draft DAS Specification please indicate:
- Your or your company’s role in implementing DAS.
- Whether the submission is private or public. Submissions marked ‘public’ will be made available on AMTA’s website.
- The relevant section of the specification to which your response relates.
- The specific issue or concern related to that section.
- How the section could be improved.
- These responses can be sent as an email attachment in Microsoft Word document or Excel Spreadsheet formats. Note, if the submission is to be made public it will be converted to a pdf.
Responses may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the email subject line “DAS Specification Response”. An acknowledgment email will be sent on receipt of all responses received during business hours, up until 5pm 22 December. Responses can be submitted up until 9am on 8 January 2024. However, an acknowledgement receipt may not be provided until 8 January 2024 when the AMTA office reopens.
Questions on the Consultation
Questions on the consultation can be sent via email to email@example.com Please indicate in the title of the email “DAS Consultation” and a response will be provided via email.