The Australian Mobile Telecommunications Association (AMTA) is the peak industry body representing Australia’s mobile telecommunications industry.
AMTA members include mobile network operators and service providers, mobile phone and device manufacturers, retail outlets, network equipment suppliers and other suppliers to the industry.
Australia’s mobile telecommunications industry is strong, competitive and innovative. The mobile industry contributed $23 billion in economic activity to Australia in 2017-18 and is forecast to contribute $65 billion of additional GDP by 2023- the equivalent of an extra $2500 in GDP per person. The industry also supports around 116,100 jobs.
With 9 out 10 Australians owning a smartphone, the mobile industry also has a social and environmental impact.
AMTA’s vision is to promote an environmentally, socially and economically responsible, successful and sustainable mobile telecommunications industry in Australia.
We are committed to delivering positive change for a mobile-enabled future for all Australians.
AMTA aims to achieve its vision by:
- effective industry representation and leadership
- generating consensus on whole-of-industry issues
- improving the level of trust between the industry, related industries, key stakeholders and the wider community
- promoting an improved understanding of the mobile telecommunications industry and its contribution to the Australian community.
AMTA also manages several industry programs as part of it achieving its vision:
- MobileMuster – a Government accredited, industry-funded product stewardship scheme to collect and recycle old mobile phones.
- An industry-wide program to enhance mobile device security. Includes blocking lost and stolen mobile phones.
- The Mobile Carriers Forum (MCF) which enables the mobile network operators to co-operate in deploying and sharing network infrastructure.
The strength of AMTA remains its members and the unity of purpose our external stakeholders see from AMTA initiatives. A united voice to governments, regulators and other stakeholders on key issues affecting the mobile telecommunications sector is only achieved through strong member engagement which remains a key feature of AMTA’s network.
Click here to view AMTA’s members.